Microneedling is actually a cosmetic procedure that is used by the dermatologists for providing an effective treatment to a number of conditions of the skin. This procedure involves the use of several tiny sterile needles for the purpose of puncturing skin and give rise of physical trauma. Now, this physical trauma so caused prompts the dermis that is deeper layer of the skin to rebuild. Once the skin rebuilds, it becomes free from a number of skin complaints.
Skin Conditions where Microneedling is Useful
Microneedling is quite useful for addressing a number of conditions of the skin and related problems that are as mentioned below.
- Appearance of wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Issues of pigmentation of skin
- Scarring of skin
- Loose skin particularly after liposuction or weight loss
Apart from the ones mentioned above, microneedling helps in addressing several signs of aging on the skin.
How Microneedling Works?
Microneedling plays a crucial role in enhancing the production of collagen and a number of other healing factors by causing trauma to the skin. Collagen is a vital protein that helps in keeping the skin to appear youthful along with a firm smooth as well as stretchy texture. The process of aging results in the decline of the collagen in the skin which contributes to the formation of wrinkles along with other signs of aging. Microneedling in this case works by the activation of the collagen production in specific areas where treatment is required. In an addition to this, the experts at times use the procedure of microneedling for the deposition of medication like vitamin C or tropical tretinoin much deeper into the skin which necessarily boosts up the treatment for a variety of problems.
Important Features of Microneedling
- It is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure
- The needle pricks cannot be felt due to their tiny size
- No discomfort or pain is felt during the procedure
- The pricks of the micro needles in the specific areas of treatment for the activation of specific reaction
- Stimulation of production of collagen
- New collagen production helps in strengthening of the skin along with an improvement in its quality
Benefits of Microneedling
There are several benefits associated with the procedure of microneedling that are as follows.
- Readily rejuvenates the skin
- Effectively fights with numerous signs of aging
- Imparts a glowing and youthful skin
- Helps the skin to rebuild
Few Side Effects
Usually, the procedure of microneedling is safe and effective but there might be a few side effects which one needs to be aware of but those side effects are not so serious and are mostly temporary.
- Skin irritation after the procedure
- Experiencing discomfort at the site
- Flaking of the skin
- Bleeding is quite uncommon but is still likely to occur when a deeper treatment is opted for
Why West Ave Health and Aesthetics Center?
At any point of time, you feel like opting for the microneedling procedure, no other option would be as good as West Ave Health and Aesthetics Center. With the immense expertise as well as experience, you can be simply assured of the top notch microneedling treatment of the clinic. Moreover, you can request for a free consultation with the experts at the West Ave Health and Aesthetics Center to know what is best suited for you.